Fire Insurance: Don’t Let Your Future Go Up In Flames

No one expects to be affected by a fire. Whether you are thinking about your business or your home, it’s just not something that crosses your mind. Fire insurance is one of those policies or policy additions that people put off, because they think “A fire? That’ll never happen to me.” But it does.

With the uncharacteristically wet spring Colorado has had this year, many business and homeowners will put off getting coverage, but this is a mistake. Wet weather this year means that the naturally occurring wildfires that affect Colorado might not burn as much vegetation, leading to a buildup of fuel for next year. If the State experiences a dry rest of 2015 and 2016, we may see a surge in fires in the coming year. Meaning that NOW is the time to buy or update your fire insurance.

There are several terms and conditions that must be considered and understood when selecting a policy that provides the right amount of coverage for you or your business. Many kinds of fires, such as wildfires, fires caused by earthquakes, and acts of God may not be included in your existing policy. Make sure that your agent provides examples of fires that are covered and not covered by the policies that you are considering.

Even if you already have fire coverage, it is important to speak with your agent and review your policy. The Real Estate market has increased dramatically in Colorado, so the value of your home or business has likely increased. Your existing fire insurance policy probably has a coverage limit based on the value of your home or business when your policy was purchased. Meet with your agent, you may want to get a property valuation, so that in the case of a fire, you or your company will be properly compensated based on the real damage done to the property.

There are several ways to save money on a fire insurance policy. Installing fire preventative measures, such as fire alarms, sprinklers, and using flame retardant building materials may reduce your monthly or annual insurance payment. At Insurance Town and Country, we understand that any explanation of insurance is a lot of information to receive at one time. That is why we keep ourselves updated so that we can be the insurance experts that you need when you’re choosing a policy or making a claim. Contact us today with any questions that you have about your home or business insurance, we’re happy to clear up any confusion. If you are considering a new insurance plan or changing an existing policy, we can schedule a meeting to sit down, discuss your needs, and find a plan that works for you, your family, or your company. Call, email, or drop in and see us today!

Denver Office                                                                    Castle Rock Office
1735 E. 17th Ave. #3                                                             513 Wilcox St. #200
Denver, CO 80218                                                                Castle Rock, CO 80104

Phone: 303–388-7216                                                        Phone: 303–688-1251

Email:                        Email:



Business Insurance Options: What’s the Difference?

We at Insurance Town and Country offer a LOT of different options when it comes to choosing business insurance for your company; between the different insurance brands, policy types, additions, exemptions, and exceptions, there are hundreds of possibilities for your company to choose and that can get confusing. We’re here to help organize a business insurance plan that makes sense for your company’s unique business needs, but we know you’d like to have an idea about what products and services you need. Below we have explained the differences between Commercial General Liability, Commercial Umbrella, and Business Owner’s Policies to help you find the plan that makes sense for your business.

Commercial General Liability (CGL):
A CGL is a necessity for any business owner. It insures the business against claims of liability for bodily injury, property damage, and any slander or false advertising. This acts as basic protection for the daily risks involved with the operation of your company. Commercial General Liability will protect you up to a certain point, then any amount over the preset insurance coverage will be left to your company to pay.
For example, you may be insured up to $1,000,000 per occurrence with an aggregate coverage amount of $2,000,000. That means that if someone gets hurt in your business and sues you for $1,500,000, the insurance company will pay $1,000,000 and you will be responsible for the other $500,000. If 10 people were injured at your business over the course of the year and each one sued you for $300,000. The insurance company would pay all of the claims in full, until it had paid a total of $2,000,000, then you would be responsible for paying the remaining $1,000,000.

Commercial Umbrella Insurance:
This kind of insurance is not a standalone policy. You must first have a Commercial General Liability policy, then you can add Commercial Umbrella Insurance to increase the amount to which the insurance company will pay.
Using the first example, if the company owner had purchased Commercial Umbrella Insurance, that policy would have begun covering the additional $500,000 after the Commercial General Liability ran out.

Business Owner’s Policy (BOP):
A BOP can include many types of insurance coverages, but not all businesses can qualify. With a Business Owner’s Policy, you bundle Commercial Property Insurance, Commercial General Liability Insurance, and Crime Insurance into a single policy. A BOP can also include additional coverage options based on your specific situation. Some additional coverages include:

  • Premises Liability
  • Premises Medical
  • Fire Legal Liability
  • Business Income Insurance
  • Building and Personal Property Protection
  • On-Site Equipment Insurance
  • Coverage for Inventory Loss

Now that you know the basics, our Insurance Specialists can answer some of your more specific questions regarding what kind of policy your company should choose, how much insurance your company needs based on its size, industry, and revenue, and if your company qualifies for a Business Owner’s Policy. Give us a call at 303–388-7216 or shoot us an email at so that we can narrow your focus, help you made a good insurance decision, and provide you with an accurate quote for your company.


Business Insurance: Spring is Here, So Claims are Near

For many businesses, Spring means the beginning of the season.  It doesn’t matter if you are a construction company, a wedding venue, or a traveling carnival, you need to be protected!  The agents at Insurance Town and Country know that to you, It’s more than a job—It’s your livelihood.  It’s also the livelihood of many of your employees and stakeholders.

We understand that different kinds of businesses need different kinds of business insurance, which is exactly why we offer several customizable policies to fit the specifics of your operation.  Below is a listing of our different kinds of business insurance policies and a short description of how it is intended to protect you and your business.  If it sounds like something that might benefit your company, click on the link to learn more and then shoot us an email at or give us a call at 303–388-7216.  We’ll be happy to explain policies in more depth or provide you with a free quote.

  • Commercial Property Insurance
    • Protects your Building and Business Personal Property.
  • Commercial General Liability
    • Prevents major financial losses if your business is sued or held legally responsible in the event of bodily injury or property damage.
  • Commercial Auto Insurance
    • Provides a diverse and extensive set of policies to protect the mobile parts of your business, including their cargo.
  • Business Owners Policy (BOP)
    • Combines various coverage options into one convenient package for more benefits than a typical business insurance policy and better savings through competitive pricing.
  • Inland Marine InsuranceProtects your mobile equipment and tools while not on your premises from theft and damage, including during transportation or at a different location.
  • Commercial Umbrella Insurance
    • Provides additional coverage for your business for a variety of situations including accidental injuries, libel, slander, or invasion of privacy, company vehicle accidents, and more.
  • Workers Compensation
    • Covers the expenses that originate from an employee being injured on the job, including medical expenses/treatment and the replacement of lost wages from injury time off.
  • Crime Insurance
    •  Protects your business against crime and employee dishonesty.

Commercial Property Insurance–Making the Smart Decision

If you wouldn’t drive your car with the check engine light on, why would you operate a business without Commercial Property Insurance?   Like a car, business insurance policies need to be maintained. Don’t let an unexpected incident endanger the life of your business.

Commercial Property Insurance is protection for your business itself, including: buildings, offices, equipment, furnishings, signage and inventory.

Let Insurance Town and Country be the safety belt for your business.  Call us at today 303–388-7216 to schedule a policy review or request a free quote!