Is your Vehicle Insurance Coverage hitting you below the belt? Or are you not satisfied with the Limitations of your Auto Theft Insurance Coverage? Whatever the situation maybe, contact us and we will make sure you don’t look back!
Vehicle Thefts – The Pitfall of the Mile High City
While the city of Denver has plenty talking points to brag about, apparently vehicle theft is not one of those points. According to the National Insurance Crime Bureau, the Mile High city ranks in the top 10 on the list of metros for auto thefts with keys. This means that while most of us would think it logical to always lock our car doors, many of us are not doing so. In fact on a nationwide basis, one out of every eight car thefts last year occurred where a car was left unlocked or the keys or key fob was left inside the vehicle.
The Growing Statistics of Auto Thefts
According to the latest report from the NICB, auto thefts with keys have been a growing issue over the past several years – increasing by 31 percent – with thefts spiking in the fall and winter months. This number could possibly be on the conservative side too, considering that many people will not admit to leaving their cars unlocked or keys inside the vehicle. Even the best anti-theft technology will not help if your car is left unlocked. Thus it is not just important to having your car locked but also having a good vehicle insurance coverage that will come in handy at the most needed time of auto theft.
Below is the list of top ten metro areas for most vehicle thefts with keys from 2013-2015:
1. Las Vegas-Henderson-Paradise
3. Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Rosewell
4. Miami-Fort Lauderdale-West Palm Beach, Fla.
6. New York City-Newark-Jersey City
7. Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim
8. Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington
Prevention is better than Cure: The same applies to your Vehicle Insurance
Depending on your vehicle insurance, you may be covered in the case of auto theft. However, it is important to review your policy to be sure. Checking your vehicle insurance policy to make sure that valuable items stolen from the vehicle are covered by the policy could be a starting point. Aside from securing the right insurance coverage, What else can you do?
Here are a few tips that can avert you from being a victim of Auto theft:
• ALWAYS lock your car, and take all keys with you – a small slip will cost you much.
• Set the car alarm always -you never know when it will come in handy.
• Keep any personal information locked up in the glove box – or take it with you when you leave the car.
• Never leave your car running unlocked. This can be tempting during the winter months, but it only takes a few seconds for a new driver to take your place.
Call Insurance Town & Country today and speak with one of our insurance professionals. We can discuss the needs of your teenage drivers and which insurance policies are best for them. We have offices in Denver (303-388-7216) and Castle Rock (303-688-1251). Call us today to schedule your consultation!