While Denver’s recent blizzard did not bode well for motorcyclists, the city’s 70 degree days will soon return, and with it, motorcycle riding season. When the snow clears and the streets are dry, will you be ready with the proper coverage to get back on your bike?
Regardless if you are a new rider or you’ve been cruising for years, it is important to make sure you have the insurance you need. What’s protected? Do you need liability insurance? Will damages to your bike be covered?
Here are a few tips to help you feel confident in your insurance decision and make those long rides much more enjoyable.
Choosing Your Coverage:
- Depending on the state in which you live, you may be required to have liability insurance. This would cover you if your motorcycle caused a wreck resulting in injuries or property damage for another driver. Insurance Town & Country can help you determines the requirements for Colorado drivers.
- The liability limit chosen should be similar to that of your motorcycle insurance, allowing for like deductibles and a maximum amount the insurance company will pay.
- In addition to liability limits, you may need to include Collision and Comprehensive coverage. This will help protect your motorcycle in the event of an accident with another vehicle or incidents like fire and theft.
- Make sure your deductible is an amount that you can afford.
Motorcycle Insurance for Custom Parts
- Make note of any custom work or additional accessories that you have added to your bike. You’ll want to make sure that your motorcycle insurance includes these items in your coverage.
- Insurance Town & Country can help you determine whether or not this assistance is needed. If long rides are your thing, it might nice to have that extra help in your back pocket, just in case!
Call Insurance Town & Country today and speak with one of our insurance professionals. We can offer more tips and help ensure you have coverage for life on the road! We have offices in Denver (303–388-7216) and Castle Rock (303–688-1251). Call us today to schedule your consultation!